Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain

"I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window..."
I'm thinking about the version by Graham Central Station.

When I moved from London, UK to Texas, I was expecting (hoping) to leave the rain behind. Not that I pretend not to see the rain again but...

Must be the weather spell (la macumba meteo) following me around the globe.

Like the hurricane in Amsterdam, while we were trying to walk around with a free tour. (Caitlin, if you're reading this, you now what I'm talking about)

Like Xmas in Egypt, back in 2006, the coldest in the last 20 years. The local tour guide told me in disbelief: "It's actually snowing in Jerusalem right now, can you believe it?"

Like the million times I went back to Sardinia, bringing all the rain with me, didn't matter if I was flying over from Bologna or London, same effect.

My mom suggested I should try to go to central Africa, to bring water to the people that need it the most. My brother said something like: hey, I mean, I'm happy to see you again but everytime you come back, it rains-don't come back often :)

Whenever a trip was around the corner

BANG!

The weather spell was striking.

A small black cloud, pretty much similar to the Fantozzi's cloud that followed our hero everywhere.

Now, the question is: who put the spell on me? And the question after that is: should I be so paranoid to think my presence on the planet in a specific location is controlling the weather?


3 comments:

  1. I think you should put the Central Africa theory to the test lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a conicidence the word verification I had to enter for the above post was flatTOTO

    "I bless the rains down in Africa "

    ReplyDelete